What do you want your life to look like in 5, 10, 20 even 30 years?
What you do today will determine the outcome.
If we treat our bodies well, there is a better chance they will treat us better as the years pass. If we stimulate our minds now, it is known to improve our cognitive ability in years to come. If we invest in the important relationships in our lives now, those relationships will thrive and bring happiness down the road.
I am taller than the average woman, so all of my life I have slumped down while not even realizing it. Because of this, I have fought with back pain. When I was creating my life plan, I envisioned my life in my 70’s and 80’s and I wrote that I wanted to be dancing and enjoying life with great mobility and strength. The thought of this was great, but it brought into focus my lack of mobility and health now. How do I expect to be that vibrant at 80 year old if I am in pain now?
I realized that there were a number of areas that this same concept applied. I had great visions of what I wanted my future to look like, but did I think it was going to just happen? Did I think that it was going to come easy? That’s exactly what I had in my mind!
We have a new year approaching. It’s filled with great potential, but like many, I have started years past with a blast, just to fizzle out a few weeks or months later. I can say that the past few years have been different because of a few adjustments I have made:
- I schedule time on my calendar to get physically away from my day to day life to really think about what I wanted my life and future to look like.
- I created a plan to start making things happen. Life Planning can sound big and cumbersome, but it’s actually simple and freeing.
- Instead of planning out my whole year, I asked myself “What small things can I do today to move me forward to live the life I really want?”
- I take one baby step, and than another, than another…
- I also called in the assistance of a Coach for accountability. I knew myself. I knew I was going to need a push, a shove, a kick in the behind to keep me going.
Don’t be afraid to dream of an amazing future! It is within your grasp! Plan it out and start moving step by step today!
It is my heart to see you succeed, and I have a great new option for you and a group of your friends to do just that in 2014! I would love to help you and each of your friends create a life plan and start making it happen! We can set you up to host a Life Planning Class (with great perks as the host) in a location of your choosing. I would love to talk to you more about it and grab a coffee if you are in the St. Louis area.
If you prefer a more academic setting, join me in my Life Planning Class at St. Charles Community College starting January 21st, 2014! Register here for the SCCC Class!
These are two great resources that can help you move forward towards your BEST life!