Have you been influenced by other people’s definition of success? Has that influence been good, bad or both?
As many of you know, I am in the process of writing a book. This adventure is bringing me in a lot of different directions, all in the hopes of helping each of us to live the BEST life we can possibly live. Today I am reflecting on and writing about what success looks like and I am curious how you feel on the subject and the experiences you have had.
- When you transitioned from your high school years into your “adult” life, were there very clear expectations placed on you by your elders on how to move forward in life?
- Did they have a clear definition of success they wanted you to pursue?
- Was their view of success one of order or adventure?
- Did you follow through with their definition of success? If so, are you still on the same path? Or have you veered off?
- Have you discovered your own definition of success in life? What is it?
- If you are a parent, what definition of success are you passing on to your child? Why is it important for you to communicate this to your child?
In my personal life and in my career as a Life Coach, I have met many amazing individuals that have all had a unique combination of answers to the above questions. Some are moving forward in life, some are stuck. I am interested in seeing how the definition of success of influential people in our lives have shaped our lives.
I would love your input! Please feel free to set up a simple account and comment right here in the blog, comment on Facebook or send me an email.